Air France is preparing major changes on American routes
With France reopening its borders, Air France is expanding its capacities between United States of America and France.
Air France Airbus A330-300 at Chicago O’Hare – Image, economy class and beyond
Air France will offer service to Paris-Charles de Gaulle during the summer 2021 season from 12 American cities: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, New York, San Francisco and Washington DC
Planned operations include:
- New York-JFK: three daily flights in Boeing 777-300ER
- Los Angeles: two daily flights by Boeing 777-300ER
- Boston: daily service by Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner
- Miami: daily service by Airbus A350-900
- San Francisco: daily service by Boeing 777-300ER
- Washington DC-IAD: daily service by Boeing 777-300ER
- Atlanta: twelve weekly flights by Airbus A350-900
- Chicago: five weekly Boeing 777-300ER flights
- Detroit: five weekly Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner flights
- Houston: five weekly Boeing 777-300ER flights
- Denver (new): three weekly flights from July 2 in the Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner
- Minneapolis: three weekly Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner flights
Air France also offers a service from Los Angeles to French Polynesia. The services will operate in collaboration with its transatlantic partner Delta Airlines. The new routes include the Denver route announced before the restrictions were lifted.
As usual, Air France can offer connectivity to the rest of Europe via its hub at Paris Charles de Gaulle.
Check before you travel
While France may be open to American visitors, other parts of Europe may have quarantine restrictions or entry requirements. Air France has provided you with a tool to help you with the entry conditions and the documents required for entry to airfrance.traveldoc.aero.
Additionally, for those in need of COVID-19 testing, SkyTeam has a site that can direct you to testing centers as needed at https://skyteam.trustassure.app/
Air France currently offers fully changeable tickets for all bookings until December 21, 2021. You can change your booking free of charge, or get a refundable credit voucher if they no longer wish to travel. If the flight is canceled by the airline, the customer can choose to postpone their trip, request a full refund of the ticket, or receive a credit voucher, which is also refundable if not used.
Stéphane Ormand, Vice President and General Manager, United States, said
“Americans are eager to resume leisure travel and are excited about the reopening of France. Air France is pleased to offer passengers the opportunity to benefit from our commitment to exceptional service and the health and safety of all on board ”,
welcome to Economy class and above – Your handy guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research, and the humor and craziness I can’t help but deliver.
Follow me on Twitter at @EconomyBeyond for the latest updates! You can follow me on Instagram too!
Also, don’t forget that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest news from frequent travelers around the world.