Hearings open to the public and the media
TORONTO, May 11, 2022 /CNW/ – The Ottawa Light Rail Transit Commission’s public hearings will be held at Ottawa from June 13, 2022for July 8, 2022. Hearings will take place at from the University of Ottawa Faculty of Law – Common Law Section, in its Ian G. Scott courtroom.
The Commission’s mandate is to investigate the business and technical circumstances that led to the Phase 1 outages and derailments of Ottawa’s light rail transit system. During the hearings, key witnesses representing parties involved in the Ottawa Light Rail Transit Project – Stage 1 will testify under oath.
The hearings will be open to the public and the media.
- The public is encouraged to visit the University to watch the hearings via a live broadcast in a large auditorium near the courtroom.
- The media will have on-site access to the press room to follow the hearings.
- Live streaming of the hearings will also be available on the Commission’s website in English and French.
- The hearings will also be televised on Rogers channels in English and French.
The day’s hearing schedule will be posted on the Commission’s website.
Prior to the hearings, the Commission also holds two public meetings on May 25 and 26, 2022, at the Shaw Center in Ottawa from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.to allow people to share their views on the breakdowns and derailments of Ottawa’s light rail transit system.
Visit the Commission’s Public Meetings page to learn more and to register to attend and/or make a statement. The meetings will also be broadcast live on the Commission’s website and on Rogers TV, channel 22 in English and channel 23 in French.
Anyone can contact the Commission at [email protected] or by calling 1-833-597-1955 if they have general questions or to submit information that will assist the Commission’s investigation.
- The Ottawa Light Rail Public Inquiry was launched on December 16, 2021. Justice Guillaume Hourigan was appointed commissioner of inquiry. Read Decree 1859/2021 here.
- On March 7, 2022, the Commissioner rendered his decision granting ten organizations the status of participants in the Commission’s public hearings. Learn more here.
- The Commissioner will present his findings and recommendations in a final report.
Follow us on twitter @CommissionOlrt
SOURCE Ottawa Light Rail Transit Commission
For further information: MEDIA CONTACTS: For media inquiries and/or to be added to the media list and receive updates, please contact [email protected]