Start date: August 2022
Position: Research team leader
Education: Master’s degree in economics, development studies or a related field
Experience: At least 5 years of relevant professional experience
Organization: Seven Star Consultants Limited
Language requirements: English, French or any other local language (a plus)
Skills Required: Strong qualitative and quantitative data analysis skills
About Seven Star Consultants
Seven Star Consultants is a multifaceted company with an unwavering commitment to excellence and customer satisfaction through the delivery of quality products and services. We offer a full range of stand-alone and integrated services in various sectors which can be grouped into four broad categories; Development, Communications, ICT and Project Management.
As development consultants, we have over the past eleven years provided consultancy services in expert research, human and economic development, public policy, governance, public financial management, development finance, monitoring and evaluation, systems durable, etc. for governments, international donor agencies, NGOs and private sector clients.
You can learn more about Seven Star Consultants at: www.sevenstarng.com
Work with the research team at Seven Star Consultants
Working with Seven Star’s research team will give you the opportunity to develop exceptional analytical, research and advisory skills, while gaining first-hand experience working on priority development challenges and opportunities. in African countries. Seven Star Offers:
- The opportunity to work with a highly qualified, diverse and united team
- A young and dynamic environment, which constantly focuses on learning and innovation.
- A company dedicated to ensuring the personal growth and development of all its staff
- A chance to make a difference on relevant political and development issues across the continent.
Ideal candidates should be passionate about international research and development. They should have at least a master’s degree in economics, international development, public policy or statistics and some relevant professional experience. They must be willing to develop their professional skills and contribute to the growth of an organization dedicated to social and economic development. They should have exceptional technical and analytical skills, be proficient communicators in English, have excellent presentation and interpersonal skills, and be self-motivated and team-oriented.
- Manage a team of research consultants
- Develop project and grant proposals and proactively seek independent research
- Clean and analyze qualitative and quantitative data using statistical software such as STATA or R
- Conduct qualitative interviews, including semi-structured interviews and moderated group discussions
- Develop research design, including development and piloting of research tools
- Oversee data collection to ensure the highest data quality standards are met
- Manage the project budget, including tracking project expenses and adhering to project budget
- Write project/activity reports
- Oversee the achievement of project timelines and objectives.
- Ensure synchronization with other program teams in the organization.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in international development, public policy, economic and social research or management consulting
- Multi-sectoral experience in one of the humanitarian or development sectors (e.g. conflict resolution, WASH, food security, health, education, gender and inclusion, early warning system and agriculture)
- Master’s degree in economics, public policy, international development, statistics, public health or a related field
- Strong statistical analysis skills and knowledge of related tools/software (especially Microsoft Excel and R or Stata)
- Excellent oral and written communication in English (French or Hausa would be a plus)
- Excellent management and organizational skills
- Experience living and working in different cultures; time spent in sub-Saharan Africa or other developing countries is strongly preferred.
- Must be detail-oriented, able to multi-task effectively, independently and must be a self-motivated individual who will thrive on taking ownership and taking initiative
Competitive with similar roles in other social enterprises and research companies.
How to register
Please submit a CV, cover letter and two writing samples (reports/publications) not exceeding 3MB to [email protected] The subject line should read as follows:
“Research team leader”. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.